Our Conduct Guideline
SHOWA CORPORATION hopes to serve as a reliable and prospective company for customers and society, and we think it is important that each SHOWA CORPORATION employee act with self-awareness. Therefore, we have compiled a list of efforts made in our relations with customers, suppliers, and society, as introduced below in order to share and implement the concepts among all SHOWA CORPORATION affiliates throughout the world.
- We shall observe all relevant laws, regulations and internal regulations, with correct understanding of their letter and spirit and shall act sensibly and ethically as responsible members of society.
- If we discover any act that violates or could potentially cause violation of laws, regulations, internal regulations or business ethics, we shall consult with our superiors or the Compliance Hotline.
Respect for Human Rights
- We shall respect human rights, and shall not permit nor be complicit in any sexual, power-based, or any other form of discrimination, harassment, or human rights infringement.
Preservation of Environment
- We shall strive for the efficient utilization and recycling of resources, and ensure proper processing of waste and contaminated materials.
- We shall be good citizens and contribute actively to the society around us.
- We shall observe traffic laws and regulations, our own internal traffic rules, and traffic manners, and strive to drive safely.
- None of the “Four Big No’s” of road safety – driving under the influence of alcohol, speeding, hit-and-run, and driving without a license – shall ever be committed by us.
Safety and Sanitation
- We shall create working environments where each and every person can be vibrantly active in a safe and healthy condition both physically and mentally.
- Should a disaster occur, we shall give top priority to human life and safety.
Disclosure of Corporate Information
- We shall disclose corporate information fairly and appropriately to our shareholders and investors and to society in general.
- We shall handle our corporate assets in the proper ways.
- We shall not abuse or divulge any confidential information or personal information (including the social security and tax number called “My Number” information) about customers, business partners, or our own company.
- We shall adequately control security by locking office fixtures, managing computers and their passwords, and in similar ways.
- We shall use social media as a communication tool in appropriate ways, with due care and with understanding of its characteristics and impacts.
Fair trade and relations with politics and public administration
- We shall always do business fairly with our customers and business partners.
- We shall maintain sound and transparent relations with politics and public administration and shall never engage in any act that might constitute provision of favors or invite misunderstanding.
- We shall not have any business relations, nor any other kind of relations, with antisocial forces..
Emphasis on Quality
- We shall aim for quality of the highest levels in all aspects of our business activities.